Thursday, August 23, 2012

Critical Thinking

Lesson 1

We learnt about Critical Thinking.

Critical thinking, basically, means to analyse a topic and gain different perspectives on it. Critical thinking is about questioning yourself and not believe what is being shown or said and to give in.

We discussed the different ways or areas in life where thinking critically would become important. I felt that Media is one element that should be definitely put to critical thinking. Because we discussed examples of commercials during tv show breaks where things targeted on a specific people are advertised, making those targeted audience wanting to buy these products. If we discuss this and think critically, then probably there would be less spending.
Another important part was the News. We always believe whatever we read or see in the news. Most of the times we form our opinions due to the news channel or the newspapers. If we just believe them and not think critically, we are damaging our ability to form a correct opinion.

Hence, I think that it was a great topic to discuss. I also felt that it will help me with my further studies as I realise (little by little) that questioning is a very important aspect while learning.

The answering of those few questions in class was particularly interesting, because while writing the answers I felt that I was being challenged to find the answer of some questions that I have really never asked myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment